Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations?
(05-02-2024, 08:21 PM)puddycat Wrote: I guess i don't accept your premise that OT, DT and WR were biggest needs.  The worst PFF scores were FS, CB2, LG, and RT.  They fixed RT and FS in free agency, and lost their NT and WR3.  So I would have also been OK with CB, LG, NT and WR.
1: Quinyon Mitchell CB
2) Fisher/Rosengarten OT (This pick was always a problem as 1st round talent lasted until the early second and 2nd round talent was thin. Does trading the pick, the fourth, and a 6th get them to #44: JPJ?)
3a) Chris Haynes G
3b)Troy Franklin (or Burton could still be here)

People also need to give the draft picks more than 1 season to develop before completely relegating them to bench and using a premium early draft pick on another the same position.
People are giving up on Turner and Hill way too soon, IMO.
If they end up actually being good this year, Bengals could essentially have wasted a 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB if they had spent one on that position this draft.

As much as RT, TE, and WR might be covered for 2024, all those guys are set to hit FA next year. They need guys planned to replace, and they like to bring in guys a season ahead of time to develop before taking over. Same with DT.

As much as we may not want to admit, Volson is signed through 2025 and likely isn't being replaced.
Although we did just see team decide to bring in Geno Stone in place of Hill after only one season of Hill starting.
Personally, I'd replace Volson with a proven LG like Dalton Risner who should come cheap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations? - ochocincos - 05-06-2024, 12:34 PM