Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations?
1.  Graham Barton
2.  Patrick Paul
3.  DeWayne Carter
3.  Devontez Walker
4.  Audric Estime
5.  Josh Newton
6.  Jaden Crumedy
6.  Cedric Johnson
7.  Myles Cole
7.  Matt Lee

We'll never know what trade options were available.  The Bengals were 4 picks away from picking the potentially "safer" RT/OG Fuanga and 3 picks away from having their pick of the litter of defensive players in this draft.  IF it was an option to trade say a 4th to move into either of those spots...well maybe they let a better opportunity slip through their fingers.  I'm warming on the Mims pick and hope that he'll be a fine player.  I still don't see any problem with saying that he exudes elevated bust potential.  Does he have attractive qualities?  For sure.  He sounds great in interviews.  He sounds like he wants to prove his toughness.  For a team that's built like the Bengals they didn't really need to swing for the fences at 18.  I like the Jenkins pick but if they didn't go OT in one the second round was probably their last shot at a promising starter.  To me the success of the draft hinges on how Mims and Burton perform.  IF Mims can't stay on the field and IF Burton is actually closer to a 4th or a 5th round type of prospect(how NFL.com and BleacherReport.com graded him) than a "first round talent", THEN I think that ownership has no choice but to re-evaluate their personnel department.  I mean like clean house if this draft doesn't pan out.  At least shake up the department and no longer employ the fewest scouts. They drafted well in 2020 when they blew for Burrow.  They drafted at least one good player when they chunked for Chase.  It's time to prove that this team can draft consistently.  If they can't...well Burrow shouldn't be treated to a forced relegation to being the next Marino.  There's no reason for it. Bust after bust in the first round in recent history. A long history of not building a complete O-line. Let's see some evolution.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Redrafting the 2024 draft - What other combinations? - Bilbo Saggins - 05-08-2024, 05:35 AM