Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was your favorite win over the Steelers?
Well, I am a little bit older than some of you, so ... but i think I have all the facts right.

1974, Riverfront Stadium, 17-10 Bengals in November.

Towards the end of the game a friend of our family, Geoff Phillips, who was working with the Bengals stopped by and asked my dad if he could take my little brother and I down to field towards the end of the game, and then maybe even the locker room.   I was 10, my brother was 8.   We were from Wilmington, dad had season tickets, and we were huge fans.

So, with about 5 minutes to go, he came and got us.  We watched the final snap from the visitor locker room tunnel, and then slowly made our way across the turf at Riverfront.  We couldn't believe it!   This was where the Bengals and the Reds played!     We stood outside the locker room for what it seemed like forever, and then were allowed in.   Not exactly what was expected--a bunch of huge guys in various states of undress, trying to talk to reporters and get to the showers.  But watched Kenny Anderson answering questions, ... Trumpy, etc.  

For some reason I bet this doesn't happen anymore ...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your favorite win over the Steelers? - dsollars1800 - 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM