MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust"
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust"
He loved the vibe as soon as he got into the building. It seems like the Bengals made the right choice in signing this upbeat, positive minded DT to the club.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-bengals-sheldon-rankins-free-agent-offseason/60996821

Quote:CINCINNATI —
The Cincinnati Bengals are continuing offseason workouts this week and recently welcomed a new face to the facility.

Defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins, an eight-year NFL veteran, arrived for his first offseason as a member of the Bengals, fresh off signing a two-year, $26 million deal in March.

Discussing his first impression of his new home in Cincinnati and the culture around the Bengals' locker room, Rankins explained his sky-high expectations for the 2024 season.

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

"It's Super Bowl or bust," Rankins said Tuesday. "I think that was part of my decision to come here, understanding that my football age is getting up there and to be a part of something special, to be a part of truly going for it all, be a part of doing something different with an organization like this was a big reason for being here."

The 29-year-old Rankins has spent time with three different organizations, including the New Orleans Saints, who drafted him in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft.

A former Louisville Cardinal, Rankins was with the Saints from 2016 through 2020, starting each game in 2017 and 2018 before injuries limited him to 24 games combined the next two seasons.

After moving on from the Saints, Rankins played two seasons with the New York Jets in 2021 and 2022, totaling six sacks and 75 total tackles during his time in New York.

Rankins signed a one-year deal with the Houston Texans in 2023, totaling six sacks and a fumble recovery in 15 games for the playoff-bound Texans.

Now with his fourth NFL organization, Rankins is impressed by what he sees inside the walls of Paycor Stadium as the Bengals chase down their elusive first Super Bowl ring.

"First class all the way around and just everything is geared toward playing in February in New Orleans," Rankins said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust" - SunsetBengal - 06-05-2024, 07:47 AM