Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust"
(06-05-2024, 09:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would note that PFF also rated the other Texan D inside linemen low against the run (Collins 44.5, Hinish 47.5, Davis at 60.7). But somehow the Texans had the third lowest allowed YPC in the NFL and even PFF rated their RDEF as 63.1. Meanwhile we were 31st in the NFL in YPC but PFF only rated us less than 2 pts worse than Houston (61.8). So go figure - stuff like this is why PFF synthetic ratings are not trusted by lots of fans.
 They had 2 LBers that were top 15 in run defense(Perrymen and Cashman) last season and a top 20 Edge defender against the run in Anderson. 

Also both Collins and Rankins were not re-signed by the team. Maybe their FO didn't like them because of the lack of run defense?
(06-06-2024, 12:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on Sunset. All I know is Rankins was damn good as a run stopper with the Jets when that was asked of him and they were the best 
run stopping Defense in the league. Also Joelist's numbers show why you shouldn't put much stock in PFF at times. They were the 3rd best
run stopping Defense and all the interior DL had bad grades, how the hell can that be?

Hilarious

So we should only pay attention to PFF when it favors our players in a positive light? Don't get me wrong I don't think PFF is perfect  but it is still a pretty reliable source.

Also PFF is high on Rankins as a pass rusher!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust" - J24 - 06-06-2024, 02:17 PM