Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust"
(06-06-2024, 12:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who knows, maybe PFF is basing their ratings partly off of jersey sales numbers?  Ninja

Maybe lol

(06-06-2024, 02:17 PM)J24 Wrote:  They had 2 LBers that were top 15 in run defense(Perrymen and Cashman) last season and a top 20 Edge defender against the run in Anderson. 

Also both Collins and Rankins were not re-signed by the team. Maybe their FO didn't like them because of the lack of run defense?

So we should only pay attention to PFF when it favors our players in a positive light? Don't get me wrong I don't think PFF is perfect  but it is still a pretty reliable source.

Also PFF is high on Rankins as a pass rusher!

That is the thing, we all are saying it is a bit in between. You have to go back and watch the film to really see who was doing what
and try and see what the player's assignment was in order to truly judge. It is somewhere in between I am sure, Rankins is a better
run stopper than the PFF grades say as that was a top 3 run stopping Defense with him on it. Linebackers and Ends are not there to 
free up the rest of the Defense to make tackles in the run game, that is the DT's job.

Rankins was very good at stopping the run in his other years when he was asked to do so. Rankins was asked to be a pass rusher 
last year for the Texans and did a great job. We will see.

(06-06-2024, 02:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: PFF is only useful for counting stats and physical data.

Anything that uses any of their metrics or opinions should be steered clear of

Also depends on the position, Linebackers are particularly hard to judge with PFF.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sheldon Rankins "Superbowl or Bust" - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-07-2024, 01:53 PM