Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Cincinnati Bengals receive an F- in food for its players
(07-05-2024, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just throwing this out there when you say $705k....

Until the player make the final cuts and finishes Week 1 to get their first ~$39,000 paycheck (of which they see significantly less after taxes as a larger earner), they're still poor unless they got a significant signing bonus, and even then they're in constant threat of never making any more money from the NFL again.

A quick google says an average nutritionist in Ohio makes $57,500 per year. If you are a top tier professional athlete, you really don't want an "average" person.

Unless you're a very high draft pick, you really don't have the job security and funds saved up to hire someone that's going to cost you well over $60k/yr (possibly much much more as I am not sure if you'd have to pay towards healthcare and the like depending on the state, as they would be your employee) until your second contract. Hiring people is expensive.

- - - - - - - -

After all the taxes, the players take home a whole lot less. In Cincinnati, if you make $705k, you're taking home $424k after Federal, FICA, State, and Local taxes. Of course you actually end up having to file taxes for every state you play in. So while you'd have a marginal 3.75% State taxes in Ohio for the 8 games you played there, if you play @Chargers and @Rams that year, that's 2 games with California's 13.3% cutting into those week's paychecks.

So you can see how a guy who has no year-to-year employment guarantee, or even week-to-week employment guarantee, can't afford to be putting 14-23.5% of their entire year's take-home salary on hiring someone.

One athlete won't be paying the Dietician's entire salary. Most Dieticians/Nutritionists are apart of these athletes off-season training programs in California, Florida, or wherever they work out.

I'm about 95% sure Black Sheep Performance has a Dietician on staff. My Gym has a dietician and a nutrition program any can join but its mostly used by competitive runners.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati Bengals receive an F- in food for its players - Synric - 07-06-2024, 08:48 AM