Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's Excited About The Offense's Versatility
(07-06-2024, 02:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, Burrow healthy enough to be under center in itself will improve the run game a lot just because the back- Brown, Moss, etc.- will be able to hit the hole so much faster getting the ball with a running start, which also gives the defense less time to react and commit to the run, drop into passing lanes, or rush the passer.

I'm getting more and more excited whenever I think about it because we have so many weapons that we'll be very tough to stop with a healthy, mobile Burrow!
Exactly and, as mentioned, we'll have so many weapons and doing things like putting guys in motion pre-snap prevents defenses from doing a lot of things and also makes the adjust to what they planned.

That alone, along with improved linemen, will make the line's job a lot easier.

As much as I want the season to get here, I'm actually doing ok just enjoying summer for once because, as strange as it seems, I'm so comfortable and confident in our team that I'm not wanting to see the season start as soon as next week like I usually do.

Besides for the line, whose lives will be easier anyways, I don't think it's much about guys stepping up because we have the talent and Burrow's so good that we don't need guys to make super-human plays: just run the routes and Burrow will get you the ball, which keeps drives going and produces big plays.

Three weeks away til training camp and we get to see this offense clicking on all cylinders!

The real crux of the offense’s success?

People are too focused on scheme. It’s matchups too. . Our only matchup advantages were Tee & Chase. When they were double teamed it was an issue. Chase Brown can be a matchup issue if utilized scheme wise. Gesicki can be a matchup issue. Burton can be a matchup issue. Isovias can be a matchup issue. And it’s not limited to the skill guys. I remember discussing with Chuck Long former OC at Oklahoma. When Adrian Peterson came in as a freshman on 4th and 2 vs TAMU (he’d been out on a third down passing play) everybody knew he was getting the ball. I asked Chuck the next time I saw him. I said the whole continent knew you were going to run AD over left tackle ( Jamaal Brown longtime NFL tackle). He said it’s about matchups. He said it doesn’t have to be your best player but it has to be the matchup you know you can win. We need a matchup on the OL we can win.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's Excited About The Offense's Versatility - Soonerpeace - 07-06-2024, 02:31 PM