Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow's Excited About The Offense's Versatility
(07-08-2024, 11:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's great. Now I wish they would shut up about what they are planning on doing and let the other teams wonder.
Personally, I don't care. It's not like teams can keep secrets anymore with the internet and everything, so pretty much every team knows what you're planning on doing.

I also like it because having to prepare for so many things means that they can't prepare for any one thing. Also, teams play 13 other teams besides, so not like they spend their entire offseason (or any of it, besides maybe the division teams spending a bit of time) preparing for us.

That's the biggest flex when we say "we're going to do all this, so try and stop us!" 
(07-08-2024, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How can that be? Everyone knows that Joe wants to line up in shotgun with 3WR and just chuck it all day.  Ninja

Which I am sure that the Bengals will still do a good bit of just that, but now they will also present the offense a bit differently from opponent to opponent.
I admit that I thought Joe liked to line up in the shotgun so he could see the field better, pass more, and be back before the pass rush even started to save himself time, so I'm definitely pumped that he'll be under center and be more mobile!

You're right about the game plan being different from game-to-game, which is exciting since we have so many weapons, in the air and we'll also be able to run the ball.
(07-08-2024, 12:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The interior 3 should operate as a well oiled machine, as this is their 3rd year together. Volson, whose shown as many really nice plays as he has busted plays, should really feel comfortable and relaxed with the continuity of playing with the man on his right for a 3rd season and going into his 2nd year with Orlando Brown Jr. on his left. Having Trent Brown over on the right side should allow for running lanes on either side of the line. I'm quietly excited for the OL this season, especially if Mims has a good training camp and can get plenty of 6th man reps. (I would like to see the unbalanced line, to assert dominance in some games)
Orlando has recently sounded like he's embarrassed and is working his ass off to get back to Pro Bowl form, and that has me excited. I feel like the confidence on the line will help everyone and they'll all be excited to just dominate, which will elevate their play.

I'm praying that they're all confident because that will elevate their play in practice and in training camp practices.
(07-08-2024, 12:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: The OL is fine, especially if we do stuff that lets them attack more and block down. The variations they are talking about should stop defenses from just teeing off.

Exactly why I'm excited for the motion and for the different looks, along with Joe under center that allows us to run the ball more.

I also love how Joe seeing the field so well allows him to counter the pass rush because he'll be able to audible (or call plays at the line) that exploit the defense because of where they pass rush and where the field is left open.

It's going to be a HUGE YEAR!

It's supposed to rain Wednesday so I might go to Hard Rock in Cincinnati and place some bets on the team and Burrow for MVP!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow's Excited About The Offense's Versatility - BFritz21 - 07-08-2024, 02:37 PM