Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-09-2024, 12:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm finally knocking out an IP that I missed the start of because I wasn't in the States. I bought all 4 Mass Effect games for $13 dollars and I'm halfway through the 2nd lol.

ME is my favorite series.  I have 40+ PTs of each game.

Some non-spoiler things:
---Things you do in ME1 will affect certain things in ME3.
---ME2 is somewhat different than ME1/ME3 in that it is more a character driven (many companions) "Shepard" adventure vs. a grandiose save the galaxy exercise.  ME2 is the majority of ME fans favorite of the three games, but mine is ME3.
---ME3 endings:  As you may have heard, the endings of ME3 can be considered by some to be "lacking".  But keep in mind that the entire game of ME3 IS the ending (where you resolve the previous games story lines) and not just the final 30 minutes.  I share this ahead of time because it completely changes ones perception of ME3.  ME1/2 have very abrupt, but satisfying normal endings, whereas ME3 hits a different note.

---MEA is not really a ME game.  If you removed all references to ME, it would just be a random space adventure.  It's gameplay is the best in the series, but it had a challenged Dev cycle, and doesn't hit the same as other Bioware games.  If you enjoy the first three then I definitely suggest you try it, but do not expect ME4 or even ME: Next.  It's just a story in the ME universe, but it could be in any universe.

Enjoy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 07-09-2024, 12:54 PM