Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-09-2024, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i really cant think of any other modern games with Sequels outside of Mass effect where your character choices and progress is retained through multiple titles.

I know it happened in OLDER games  Like Baldurs gate   and some real old ones like Bards Tale.

Do you know of any others with this mechanic?

(07-09-2024, 07:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just Dragon Age - if you recall the DA Keep (released prior to Inquisition).  It would record your accomplishments as they happen via accomplishment unlocks.  You could then set a world state which would "flavor" Inquisition.  Change a few quests, change some codex and lore, etc.  Example:  If you lived and who you romanced in DAO would come into conversations and quests in DAI and as you changed that in your world state, so would your dialogue.

For Veilguard they are not supporting the keep but giving you an apparently MASSIVE set of choices (choose or not to choose) to make a custom "End of Inquisition" world state right in the game instead of using the DAKeep.  Apparently, the Hero of Feralden and Hawke are not involved in Veilguard, so they are not part of the lore/choices you make in the character creation.  Hardcore DA fans are mostly ok with this, though disappointed about no HoF or Hawke.  My guess is that if this style of back story creation hits well with fans then the same style will be used for the next ME game.

As for other titles that carry over choice, no it really is a ME thing, but then ME1-2-3 were designed as a trilogy from the start, whereas most games are not built that way, including DA.

I'm pretty sure The Witcher rolls over some story choices from 2 to 3 but it's been a while since I've played them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Synric - 07-10-2024, 05:37 PM