Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Jackson Carman magically worked out at LG and he was just a late bloomer?
(07-26-2024, 10:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is more likely to happen?

A. Carman magically turns it on in camp and unseats a current starter on the OL?

B. As the article suggests, he gets cut.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/7/19/24201640/5-potentially-surprising-roster-cuts-for-bengals

(07-26-2024, 10:09 AM)jj22 Wrote: Carman is probably a LT only, but that position has been filled since he was drafted so he never had a true shot at it. He earned the "what if" status after his play in the 2022 post season.

Carman reminds me of Andre Smith. Just someone who took a lot of heat from coaches for various reasons but held their head up and continued to work hard. Andre got his shot, Carman doesn't seem like he will.

Carman has shown some chops at both LT and LG.
He was not good at all on the right side.

It's sad that he got beat out at LG by rookie Cordell Volson, but it is what it is at this point.
Carman isn't winning any starter job on the Bengals.
I personally value him over D'Ante Smith, who has shown absolutely nothing at any position.
I am not sure what other guy they have who can back up LG right now, so I can see Carman staying.
Carman can be the backup LT/LG to OBJ and Volson.

I see the depth chart panning out like so:
LT - OBJ
LG - Volson
C - Karras
RG - Cappa
RT - Mims/TB

Backup OL:
LT/LG - Carman
C - Lee/Hill
RG/RT - Ford
Swing OT - Loser of the RT battle between Mims and TB
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Jackson Carman magically worked out at LG and he was just a late bloomer? - ochocincos - 07-26-2024, 12:27 PM