Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues
(08-07-2024, 10:43 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: When my daughters and I went to the game last year, we had digital tickets. Their system at the gate read 2 of the 3 tickets so my daughters were in and I was left out. After calling a manager and then someone else to try and solve the problem, they just went ahead and let me in and did it manually somehow. So yes to the previously mentioned. I miss paper tickets as well.

Yeah paper tickets are nice also because the stub is kind of a souvenir.  But these days I suppose it's also a money saving thing since they don't have to print out all those tickets.  The enhanced digital tickets probably eliminated ticket fraud.  It's one of those things where I look back and think I prefer the old way but also like the security and convince of the new way.  Speaking of wallet changes many years ago I worked at a department store where we still had to run credit cards through the card imprinter that made carbon copies and had to be physically signed, a copy handed to the customer and another put in the cash register drawer. During the Christmas holiday I could hear the sound that thing made in my sleep. Now in a lot of cases i just hold my watch up to a small computer, wait for the beep and done.

As digital wallets are becoming more and more accepted even in some cases for official identification, I imagine not too long from now there will be no need to carry a physical wallet at all.  But really the phone is just a somewhat bulky wallet of its own with a lot more uses and it is also something no one leaves the house without these days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues - George Cantstandya - 08-07-2024, 11:16 AM