Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues
(08-07-2024, 09:58 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote:
It is a system that allows you to securely store credit cards, debit cards as well as things like tickets, sometimes various store reward cards, and now in some states even drivers licenses can be stored there and are considered an acceptable form of ID.
  One example my gym also works with it so I don't have to carry the card on my key chain or in my physical wallet.  I just open the wallet on my phone and scan the code when I enter the gym.  I can also use it to make payments at places that accept it.  With a credit card and or debit card in my wallet I can use it to make contactless payments at stores that accept it by just holding my iPhone or Apple Watch next to the payment terminal.

With digital tickets it is often suggested to store them in the digital wallet because at large events Internet availability can be limited when there are 10s of thousands of people in the same area trying to connect. The tickets can still be accessed in the wallet without the need to access the Internet. From my understanding one reason you can't just take a screen shot is that some ticket providers actually refresh the digital code every so often so it changes.  I think this is done to prevent ticket fraud and for more security.  So if the code changes that screen shot is worthless. 

I can't speak for crypto wallets because I don't use crypto but my experience is that adding things to my digital wallet is fairly straight forward.  However, I've never used Ticketmaster but I am guessing it works like when I bought my Mom and her husband tickets through another service a few years ago.  Basically all they had to do was open the app of the provider and follow some prompts to add the tickets to the wallet.  That's how it worked with my gym card as well.  Adding payment methods is also pretty simple, same thing just follow a few prompts.  

I've got news for you, unless you are carrying your phone around in a faraday bag, nothing on your phone is secure. People steal stuff off of phones by just walking by every day. Tickets I would not worry too much about, but credit and debit cards are something else entirely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues - Sled21 - 08-07-2024, 01:20 PM