Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues
(08-07-2024, 01:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've got news for you, unless you are carrying your phone around in a faraday bag, nothing on your phone is secure. People steal stuff off of phones by just walking by every day. Tickets I would not worry too much about, but credit and debit cards are something else entirely.

And physical wallets are impervious to pick pockets, physical cards impervious to being lost and later found by a shady person, having the number stolen by an employee like at a restaurant or being exploited by card skimmers.   Tongue 

But yes I do believe it to be very secure.  I can't speak for the Google/Android system (I imagine it works pretty much the same) but for the Apple system for one it requires my actual input to confirm the transaction either biometric or using my pass code on the phone or watch.  My phone isn't just sitting in my pocket transmitting my unencrypted credit card number waiting for a device to connect to it and copy it.

Secondly speaking of encryption the data is encrypted and each time the encryption is used it changes.  This means even if the data was somehow intercepted by a thief it would be useless to them.  Also the range for NFC which is how the data is transmitted is less than two inches. Even then the card number is not transmitted instead using the dynamic security code. Digital wallets also have the added security of being safe from card skimming devices.    A thief would find it much easier to steal a physical wallet and credit cards.

I can only imagine the damage it would cause both Apple and Google if their very popular and highly used digital wallets were easily exploited by someone walking by with some kind of reader.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Going to Saturday's game? Ticketmaster issues - George Cantstandya - 08-07-2024, 01:45 PM