Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruce Feldman's Freak List 2024.
(08-10-2024, 11:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Fairchild is something I could get behind: so long as his play reflects his freakishness

He played well last year a little inconsistent because it was his first year playing but you could see the wrestling background with his hands. 

Add a few more.

Quote:29. Nick Singleton, Penn State, running back

After a huge debut freshman season (1,061 rushing yards, 6.8 YPC), Singleton gained 752 yards and had a 4.4 yard per carry season in 2023. He became a bigger weapon as a receiver, catching 26 passes for 308 yards. Expect Singleton and the Penn State offense to become more potent with former Kansas offensive coordinator Andy Kotelnicki taking over. This offseason, the 228-pound Singleton hit 23.6 mph on the GPS and trimmed his 40 time from 4.39 to 4.35. His shuttle time stayed at 4.18. His broad jump improved to 10-1. His power clean went up to 390. His 655-pound squat bumped Penn State great Saquon Barkley off of the top spot as the program’s record holder for running backs.

Quote:51. Jordan Phillips, Maryland, defensive tackle

Mike Locksley didn’t have to think too long when asked about biggest freak. It’s the 6-3, 320-pound sophomore who began his career at Tennessee.
“This kid is a manchild,” Locksley said. “He’s explosive. He’s (former Alabama star-turned-first rounder who was No. 11 on the 2016 Freaks List) Daron Payne. He’s a nose tackle, but he’s light and so twitchy.” Phillips, a former standout wrestler and weight lifter in high school, started 10 games last year for the Terps, making 28 tackles and 1.5 TFLs. He has squatted 665 pounds, power cleaned 365 and did an overhead press of 365 pounds for two reps.

Phillips lit up when hearing that Locksley compared him to Payne. “I love Daron Payne,” Phillips said. “That is one of my favorite players. I actually study him a lot now that he plays for the Commanders. He’s very athletic. Has great short-area quickness and is very twitchy at the line of scrimmage and has that ability to create knock-back and get in the backfield.”

Quote:57. Tommi Hill, Nebraska, cornerback

As he showed at both Temple and Baylor, Matt Rhule has a good eye for freaks. In the 6-foot, 205-pound Hill, he inherited a very gifted prospect.
"He’s a 42-inch vertical, 4.3 (40) guy,” Rhule said. Hill started one game on offense and seven more on defense before he moved to cornerback full-time in 2023. Hill made 26 tackles and had nine PBUs with four interceptions.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bruce Feldman's Freak List 2024. - Synric - 08-06-2024, 03:14 PM
RE: Bruce Feldman's Freak List 2024. - Synric - 08-10-2024, 03:19 PM