Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Looking for Geoscience input
(08-08-2024, 05:29 PM)Stewy Wrote: Drilling fluids and frac'ing fluids are handled differently and usually different companies.  They specialize.  In Appalachia, there might be more consolidation.  

To answer the question, disposal is usually done in deep non-aquifer reservoirs.  It is the standard practice, but varies by region and is subject to local/state regulations.  All common methods are as follows as quoted from the NRDC website: ( https://www.nrdc.org/press-releases/report-five-primary-disposal-methods-fracking-wastewater-all-fail-protect-public )  Treatment and recycling is also common.  

I would say that if they are getting sued for in ground disposal, then they are either doing it incorrectly/negligently or the lawsuit is baseless and some lawyer trying to make money on a class action suit.  However, it would not surprise me if they have not been following local regulations in regard to disposal to save money.

I deal with Southwestern Energy formerly known as Chesapeake. They do alot of the drilling and fracing in the Ohio Valley. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Those Looking for Geoscience input - Stewy - 08-07-2024, 07:40 PM
RE: Those Looking for Geoscience input - Synric - 08-10-2024, 06:31 PM