Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Orlovsky: Ranking NFL quarterbacks by trait
(08-12-2024, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could the lack of ranking in Second Reaction Ability have something to do with the number of times something positive happens after a play or protection breaks down compared to the number of times it results in nothing positive?

I think Dan used statistics as an underlying guide (like if he viewed two players as too close to call, he'd refer to statistics), but most of these rankings seemed like they were based on his observations and the players' vibes rather than cold hard statistics.

My suspicion is that the perception of Burrow is that he's an ultra accurate, decisive, mechanically polished pocket passer who has some wiggle if he needs it (I.E. not a statue in the pocket). That would mean his second reaction ability would only be used in emergency scenarios.

The players who topped that list, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson, literally design their game around running around each play. Their plan each play is to play Super Man.

If that is my pre-supposed frame, it would make sense that he would be unranked in Second Reaction Ability.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dan Orlovsky: Ranking NFL quarterbacks by trait - CJD - 08-12-2024, 10:02 AM