Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at the video Joe Goodberry posted of Mim’s snaps. Chase B is…
(08-11-2024, 06:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m seeing something different. I see a couple of zone runs which don’t have defined gaps to attack. On the gap runs, I see Brown’s primary gaps clogged and him trying to cut back and improvise. He’s not being given much to work with on these plays.

Eh, I disagree.

On Brown's first run, Volson is supposed to combo block the DT with Brown, then take the LB in the hole.  Volson actually carries this assignment out.  But Brown sees the backer flash in the hole he's supposed to hit and panics and cuts it back to the right which has a mostly unblocked LB on a run blitz due to Mims blocking down then making a hell of a play to get his mits on.  Being fair, it was a short yardage play against 9 in the box, but it's a perfect example of a guy not trusting his blocks and allowing for the play to develop.

Second carry, he takes it straight off of LT for a nice gain.  Zero complaints, here.

Third carry, he seems to hesitate, unsure of whether to hit the hole or cut it back to the proverbial "sea of green" and stumbles when he makes his cut, allowing the backer to get enough of him while being blocked to get him on the ground.  Decent gain, but could have been a lot more with a more decisive cut, especially since this was one of those "no wrong answer" situations.

Fourth carry, a GAPING hole opens up on the interior when the LB overruns the play following the motion man that he never sees and he dances for a second in the backfield before trying to bounce it to the outside.  Just horrid vision and feel for the position.

Fifth carry is maddening.  There's a massive hole right in the center of the OL, but Cappa is tasked with doubling, then taking the LB(similar assignment to Volson on the first carry) and Brown panics and bounces outside.  Cappa completes his assignment and a nice gain is turned to shit by atrocious RB play.  The IOL proverbially "blew them off the LoS" on this play.  

I'm sorry, but there's a ton of feel and vision that goes with being a quality NFL RB and Brown exhibits none of it.  If he's going to be out primary back this year, we are in deep shit.  If I played on the Bengals' OL, I'd be cussing Brown like a dog.  

https://x.com/JoeGoodberry/status/1822733853498146996/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1822733853498146996&currentTweet=1822733853498146996&currentTweet=1822733853498146996&currentTweetUser=JoeGoodberry&currentTweetUser=JoeGoodberry&currentTweetUser=JoeGoodberry
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Look at the video Joe Goodberry posted of Mim’s snaps. Chase B is… - Whatever - 08-12-2024, 12:49 PM