Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-12-2024, 02:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm fine with 1 RB and the flex of R-W-T. It gives you options. The only suggestion i'd make is probably swapping out the D player for a KR/ST spot.

I also am fine with the one RB spot.  We are dreaming if we think there are a lot of NFL RB's, the game has changed.  If we have to carry 2 starting RB's and a back-up RB for bye weeks and injuries, that is 36 RB's in our league.  Folks, there are only 32 NFL teams.  

With one RB and a back-up RB, that makes 24 RB's needed in our league in 2 per team.  There are maybe 24 RB's worth drafting.  There are not 36 RB's worth drafting and that is the problem.  4 of the 12 teams are going to stink at RB as soon as we draft.  I would like to see all 12 teams come out of the draft to where every team has a chance, and a good tough league from top to bottom. 

The NFL has plenty of WR's and TE's, and why Bengals play Nickel or Dime Defense 80% of the time.  NFL teams at most use 1 RB, often an empty backfield with a running QB.  Many formations are 4 or 5 pass catchers of WR's and TE's.  Yes, there are still a few RB's that get carries and fantasy points, but not many.  

Setting it up to where 36 RB's will be needed when there are only 32 starting RB's in the NFL will hurt 4 of the 12 teams, and more when injuries start.  If you want all 12 teams to have a chance to be tough, you stick with only one RB needed to start, and teams will need a bye week / injury RB, and that is 24.  There are indeed 24 starting RB's in the NFL to help all of our 12 teams. ...The goal should not be to come out of the draft with a few good teams, and a few weak teams. The goal should be rosters that allow 12 good, tough teams. 

That said, I'll play however you decide...Just that there is not 36 starting RB's in NFL, because there are only 32 teams.  There are 24, to cover one starting RB, and a much needed back-up. 

IF you really want to add a position, I suggest one more WR-RB-TE starting spot.  There are enough WR's and TE's to cover that.  I think somebody already suggested this.  We only have 2 WR's and RB, so if we increase WR-RB-TE from one to two, there are enough NFL WR's and TE's to cover that for all 12 of our teams. Some of you wanting to go extra RB get you wish this way also.  Better yet, we have the WR-RB-TE spot and add a WR-TE spot, so that teams can't HOG the few starting RB's in NFL. That's my suggestion if you indeed have to make a change.  I'll play by however ya'll decide. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-12-2024, 03:49 PM