Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be Bengals 3rd and Short Power Runner
(08-26-2024, 07:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mixon was terrible at that, or at least as a team we were. I remember the year we went to the SB we had more passing plays on 4th and short than expected, other teams might have been shocked but IMO we had to because it was a higher percentage play than Mixon gaining 1.5 yards. That SB year had everyone offguard, nobody knew how to guard Ja'marr yet, took them a whole season to figure it out.

I wish we gave Evan a chance instead of going for it on 4th, he was bombing everything that year and it was picture perfect to go into OT with a 65 yarder from Evan. It would have scared the crap out of the Rams that we could end it with one stop basically. Nervous nelly stafford would have thrown another pick maybe lol

Perine might come back, don't know

As a team we were. These highlights show Mixon was pretty good and likely why Houston went all in and his contract. Go to the 10:27 mark for his memorable 4th and 1 TD vs Vikings. Listen to the analysts talk about him. 
https://youtu.be/kXniSLoRCn8?feature=shared
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Will Be Bengals 3rd and Short Power Runner - Soonerpeace - 08-26-2024, 08:56 PM