Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Could Jump Out In First Place Week One
(09-01-2024, 03:15 PM)kevin Wrote: This is what I've read on Chase.  I read Chase said last week that he understands that a new deal may not get done with 2 years left on his contract. He says he will honor his contract and play and not take the financial loss of sitting out, but next year on last year of contract he will ask for over 200 million.

I'll point out Mike Brown made a deal with AJ Green the day before regular season once.  If they can lock Chase in at 150 or 160 million for many years as opposed to over 200 million next year, they will. 

Chase says he is playing against Patriots.  The lack of practice doesn't mean much to me.  Most of the Superstars didn't see much preseason action.  

So from what I've read, Chase said if a new deal isn't done, he will play, only he is going to ask for a ton of money in 2025 in last year of his contract.  So it sounds like Burrow will have Chase and Higgins on the field against Patriots.  

He can ask for over 200 mil, but I can guess the answer would be a no. I think something gets done here this week.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Could Jump Out In First Place Week One - sandwedge - 09-01-2024, 03:28 PM