Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlando Brown better be careful
(09-05-2024, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: If we are learning anything from the Ravens-Chiefs game, it is that they are paying close attention to where the LT is lining up.  I don't remember it being a big problem with him last year but all the LTs got into the habit of cheating a bit.  Now it looks like that little bit is being called

The officials likely took all of the backlash from Juwaan Taylor not getting called for illegal formation last season as motivation to make it a point of emphasis this year, which is fine, so long as they call it evenly for both teams in all games. The rules clearly state that seven offensive players must be on the line of scrimmage at the snap, however for as long as I can remember the rest of the offensive line has always lined up slightly behind the center. I couldn't find anything to define what is an allowable "cheat" zone, but I do seem to remember broadcasters saying something about the rule of thumb is that the Tackles shoulder pads need to be at least even with the Center's hip.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Orlando Brown better be careful - pally - 09-05-2024, 10:56 PM
RE: Orlando Brown better be careful - SunsetBengal - 09-06-2024, 08:32 AM