Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Higgins Hamstring again, may not play
(09-07-2024, 09:27 AM)kevin Wrote: No, I'm not. 

What surprised me was slapping the franchise tag on Higgins and making him one of the highest paid WR's in NFL for one season.  When they had said they wanted to work out a long contract with Chase.  If they so make this contract with Chase, do you realize how much money they will be paying Chase and Higgins in 2024.  Plus Higgins isn't happy.  He wanted to go Free Agency last March, long term contract to a team that wants him long term.  Top players hate franchise tag, because if they get a bad injury they lose out on free agency big contract to a new team.  

Higgins spent 2023 limping around saying he couldn't play as he waited for Free Agency, so I look for 2024 to be more of the same, only Bengals are paying him a lot now.  

No, I'm not surprised Higgins may not play.  Saw this coming when he was ticked off about getting slapped with the franchise tag and begged Bengals to let him out of it. 

What does surprise me is Mike Brown came out of a coma or something and took control of team again at age 127 years old, and has ticked off Chase and Higgins.  The team was running fine under Katey and others, but Old Man Potter came wheeling back into the movie. The NFL is amazed Bengals have made both top WR's unhappy, but it appears Mike Brown has taken his Geritol and running Dictator over things again. 

What surprised me was slapping the franchise tag on Higgins and making him one of the highest paid WR's in NFL for one season.  

Tee's salary this season is below his current market value.  Not sure how you dont know this?

If they so make this contract with Chase, do you realize how much money they will be paying Chase and Higgins in 2024. 

Combined, they will likely have a cap hit UNDER $34M this year.  

Top players hate franchise tag

So?  Owners hate holdouts.  Fans hate ticket pricing.   The franchise tag is in their contract that they signed.  

Higgins spent 2023 limping around saying he couldn't play as he waited for Free Agency

This is an absolute untruth.  Embarrassing take.

No, I'm not surprised Higgins may not play.  Saw this coming when he was ticked off about getting slapped with the franchise tag 

Tee is NOT faking his injury.  Only the most uninformed fans do not realize that the players who do this are the ones waiting on their current team to extend them.  Tee knows the Bengals are not doing this, thus he is rehearsing for the other 31 teams this season.  Faking an injury would be stupid and is very disrespectful to Tee.

The NFL is amazed Bengals have made both top WR's unhappy.

Neither player is unhappy.  Tee is being paid twice the amount this season alone than he has made his entire career.  Tee may be disappointed but he is not unhappy.   Chase said the contracts were "a little stressful" but was very clear he isnt unhappy.  Do you watch any interviews from the players themselves?

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Higgins Hamstring again, may not play - casear2727 - 09-07-2024, 11:14 AM