Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals out-coached in openers
I have to guess Zac is not "mean" enough. Brady was talking about Mike Zimmer and McCarthy as old school coaches who will yell at the best players to keep everyone "accountable", and how he had one of those coaches. I would be surprised if Zac Taylor isn't a pushover. Burrow carried him. If he's not mean, he's definitely not smart enough to just be nice and that's it. Yes, Zac was a participant in a SB run and an AFC-C run, I wonder how many other teams want him as their HC.

But Burrow is also living on his past, we live in the present. I don't care what Burrow did 2+ years ago, what we need is production now. Zac shares something Marvin had problems with, looking from the outside, knowing how to motivate each player individually and separately. Poor motivation is a factor for Marvin's primetime and playoff record. It is human nature to lose resolve after you are paid a large paycheck. 

You damn know Mixon is running hard for more than just "to run hard". He wants to prove the Bungles wrong. He is jealous and petty enough to make that last a whole season for Stroud. It's too bad Zac didn't know how to unlock that pettiness over here; Zac doesn't know how to do that with our team/players. They looked like they overlooked the Patriots, how does that happen? You know that's the 1st thought to cross their mind, the chiefs are coming.

Or are we just that bad? Because the patriots are not just that good. Even a Gesecki or Hudson TD away, a 1pt win. Only giving up 16, we will somehow forget to talk about how terrible the defense looked too. If we won, we still have all the problems we saw in that game and it would have just been a narrow win over a(nother) junk team.

Has Burrow been solved, is it his injury/injuries, the game plan - or the combo. Burrow was almost 9 yards per attempt in 2020. That was Air Burrow. We have not seen it since. His O-line is not that much worse than that SB run. The commentary by Rapien and Burrow himself in preseason that he's still trying to figure out how to spin the ball (again), that it's like Peyton's Denver years. It won't spiral but it will get to where it needs to go. The spiral is easier to catch, we had one Zack Moss drop from a wobbler. 

It's going to take some time with the new WR/RB crew, we probably have to stay vanilla because of that. It's not boyd/higgins/mixon out there.

If this team is going to win a Super Bowl it has to be air burrow, they are not built any other way, and the defense is not a playoff caliber D. I think that's the elephant in the room.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - Nepa - 09-08-2024, 06:09 PM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - ERIC1 - 09-08-2024, 07:01 PM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - Housh - 09-08-2024, 09:19 PM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - reuben.ahmed - 09-08-2024, 09:23 PM