Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals out-coached in openers
(09-08-2024, 06:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: It's my theory that they are outcoached in preseason and thus are not ready for the season openers. The reality is the Burrow and the starters needed more than a single drive in a preseason game to get ready for the speed and aggressiveness of actual game action. Practice does not replicate that. Zac should take his cue from Andy Reid and Mahomes regarding preseason games. 

Not having the team prepared for a season opener means giving up a game when a game could be all that separates them from being in the playoffs --  or from homefield in the playoffs.

Yes, the Bengals will turn it around, but they should have fixed things in the preseason rather than needing to do it after their first game action is a loss.

There definitely could be something to playing starters for half the preseason games.
Players could be more ready and coaches might not be there from a play calling perspective either.

I put the bulk of the blame on the play calling.
It was not inspiring.
I didn’t see any wide open looks or well timed plays to catch the defense off guard.

Give the patriots defense credit for being structurally sound.

An elite offense should be able to trump a well structured defense because the offense has the ball in a position to make the first move and advance.

From that standpoint it is a creative process calling plays to find openings.
It didn’t happen and the play calling was flat and lifeless.

You can’t win when the play calling doesn’t get the players going.
Utilize the players you have.
Scheme them open.

Andy Reid made a star out of his rookie on Thursday.
Zac could have given Burton a shot for a few plays.
He should have gotten Irwin going.

Credit the patriots for having the answer and knowing what to expect from the bengals offense.

But credit the bengals offensive coaching for not finding a way to respond with any success.

(09-08-2024, 06:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'm sure some will blame the players in the end, but this team was obviously not well prepared for today as the other team was. That falls on coaching staff with no help by the front office in the contract hoopla stuff.

I wonder if the trenches need some playing time to gel as units.

(09-08-2024, 07:01 PM)ERIC1 Wrote: I would be concerned..and for one main reason..this injury Burrow suffered could easily be a career ender

It makes no sense to assume the worst in any situation.
If you assume the worst not only could you be speaking it into existence, but you are already living in a lesser state expecting the worst before it arrives.
That’s no way to live life.
Take it as it comes.
No sense stressing yourself over unknowns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - Nepa - 09-08-2024, 06:09 PM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - ERIC1 - 09-08-2024, 07:01 PM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - Bengalstripes9 - 09-09-2024, 12:12 AM
RE: Bengals out-coached in openers - Housh - 09-08-2024, 09:19 PM