Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology
(09-10-2024, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They are saying it should have remained a TD?
Based on what?
The ball clearly was moving after he hit the ground and landed OOB, even if it didn't touch the ground.

But wasn't that the drive that resulted in a turnover right after this called drop by Gesicki?

If so, it most definitely would have affected the outcome of the game because it would have been +7 points in favor of the Bengals and could have been 17-16 Bengals at the end.

The ball can move as you go to the ground. But i think you have to complete the catch to the ground if you fall out of bounds

It’s like a wierd rule that only applies to catches finished inbounds and/or out of bounds

He’d a been good if he fell inbounds but since he landed out of bounds the ball wasn’t allowed to move and he had to survive the ground with possession

Now my issue is they tell us all the time a play is over the second you have control in the endzone. So to me that means if i catch a ball, and have it with my feet inbounds, the exact second that my hands have the ball and my feet are inbounds that is a TD. So it doesn’t matter if i drop the ball because i already got the TD.

I just watched the catch a bunch of times, and it wasn’t a TD

Mike G caught it and bobbled it as he hit the ground IN BOUNDS. So he had to get possession of the ball before he slid out of bounds and he didn’t.
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Housh - 09-10-2024, 08:03 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 10:23 AM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:50 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 06:21 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 10:54 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 08:55 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 11:05 AM