Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology
(09-11-2024, 05:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not saying it was or wasn't. All I'm saying is they announced on NFL radio that the league office said the call on the field was correct and the replay call was wrong and is should have remained a touchdown. And they apologized to the Bengals. Now if you all want to think me and the others who heard it are just making it up, have at it. 

I believe completely that it was said and that you and others heard it. In fact, someone posted a clip of Latham saying it, and I listened to his statement. Although it was all hearsay, along the lines of "I heard that the NFL league office apologized to the Bengals." 

But it is a major, major call by the officials. It was the difference between a win and a loss. If the league actually apologized, there should be a public statement from either the league office or the Bengals front office. Without that, it is just hearsay. Was it a phone call? If so, was it officially from the league or just the opinion of someone in the league office. Can we trust the source of this information to the reporters. Why don't those reporting they heard this provide some detail on their source of this information? There is no way to trust these reports without providing more detail. Too many possibilities for erroneous reporting, playing the game of telephone, etc.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 10:23 AM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:50 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 06:21 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 10:54 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 08:55 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 11:05 AM