Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology
(09-11-2024, 06:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: I believe completely that it was said and that you and others heard it. In fact, someone posted a clip of Latham saying it, and I listened to his statement. Although it was all hearsay, along the lines of "I heard that the NFL league office apologized to the Bengals." 

But it is a major, major call by the officials. It was the difference between a win and a loss. If the league actually apologized, there should be a public statement from either the league office or the Bengals front office. Without that, it is just hearsay. Was it a phone call? If so, was it officially from the league or just the opinion of someone in the league office. Can we trust the source of this information to the reporters. Why don't those reporting they heard this provide some detail on their source of this information? There is no way to trust these reports without providing more detail. Too many possibilities for erroneous reporting, playing the game of telephone, etc.

2 quick questions:

Do you think the refs ever blew a call and the league called the aggrieved team with a "we got it wrong"?

If you answered Yes, can you list any where you read a public statement?

It's quite possible the NFL called the team and apologized without having a news conference to announce it.

I've been on these boards for almost 20 years and I've NEVER seen more fans adamant that a Bengal dropped a pass. 

What I need some to do:

Point to where on the doll Giesecki touched you:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXAwxGXcvsYhHhBiZ8h9n...4XvdnUDw&s]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 10:23 AM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-10-2024, 05:50 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - Nepa - 09-11-2024, 06:21 PM
RE: Gesicki Touchdown - NFL Apology - bfine32 - 09-11-2024, 09:48 PM