Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again
(09-16-2024, 03:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if people are surprised but instead disappointed to start each season in recent years with L's.  I also don't know if people should accept it because it puts the team at a disadvantage from the start. Instead I think we should expect some improvement in that category over the last few years. In my opinion it is much better to come out of the gate strong instead of having to make up ground later.  Especially when those L's are against other AFC teams. 

For a team that was fairly healthy during the preseason in the game against the Patriots they looked like they were just going through the motions in one of those preseason scrimmage games.  They looked like they were in a daze.  Something is wrong when the team looks unmotivated for the first game of the season.  So it is understandable for fans to be disappointed when this happens so often.

I will admit I don't think the loss to the Chiefs yesterday was that bad and I wasn't surprised by the loss.  The Bengals did show some promise compared to the loss to the Patriots. But still starting out 0-2 in the AFC doesn't help.

Win or lose, what fans are seeing is a team that starts out slowly.  That is who they are.  Also, I think the team performs better as underdogs.  They like to be counted out.  Sort of like Burrow was counted out at OSU until he transferred to LSU.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again - psychdoctor - 09-16-2024, 04:24 PM