Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again
(09-17-2024, 09:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Still don't understand why everyone is bashing the FO. Chase still has 2 years left on his contract plus the tag if the Bengals want.  They offered 35 APY which is equal to JJ $$.  The only difference is the guarantee and deferring 2/3 of the $$ to later years.  Big deal.  This is a cash flow thing.  btw, you can't compare the Vikings because they are not already escrowing $$ for a QB guarantee.  The Bengals simply don't have the $$.  You can't put $20 of gas in your car if you only have $10 in your checking account.

I love Chase as much as the next person. But if he is going to act like he did this past week every week then it is not good.  When is he going to start complaining about not getting enough touches?  Trust me it's coming as he wants those stats for next years negotiations, which btw will be very ugly because the Bengal FO will have to use their leverage similar to arbitration.  This is going to cause a lot of bad blood for Chase and the organization if it goes into next year (way worse than it is now).  He needs to fire his agent and sign the damn contract.  If he wants to protect himself take out an insurance policy, he did it this year why not longer term.

Sadly, if this goes into next year the Bengals may have to make a decision to seek a trade.  If Chase all of a sudden wants 40M next year I don't see it getting done.  They may as well sign Tee and trade Chase to a team like the Panthers who you know will deliver a great draft pick.

At the end of the day it may end up worse for Chase than it does the Bengals.  If he wants to be the top guarantee money WR he may end up in NFL Siberia to get it.  Wonder if he would want that over staying with a contender.  Maybe?

I think Burrow won't win a ring without Chase or Tee, and I think he may not win one with only 1 of them at this point.

He is acting like this because he doesn't have a contract and has to take his own insurance policy out for guaranteed money.

I can understand if they "simply don't have the money". Maybe they should have thought of this when Burrow got a huge bag. Seems dumb all around. What was Burrow's plan when he said they had a plan for Chase/Tee/himself?

So if they didn't think about that, then they don't care about winning a ring. It' the same old Mike Brown and Bengals, good enough but not great enough. Someone can try to convince me otherwise that old man Mike Brown wasn't surprised that we made it to the SB. Most people were, even fans, we weren't supposed to be there yet. Has he been focusing on winning a super bowl? What else matters? Like before this, it was clear he was not.

The Bengals face a motivational issue. Starts up top, is MB motivated to win a ring? Then players are having motivational issues, likely financially related. Tee and Chase not being solved is proving a disaster right now. Chase needs to give his 100% for us to win.

We should take responsibility for how we act, Ja'marr and Tee are young, their agents and advisory board is likely poor, but to say nobody has any influence on how they feel would not be right. Bengals ain't making Tee or Ja'marr feel welcome. See how you act at your job when you feel like this.

So did Mike Brown not understand what Tee/Chase are going to ask for when giving Burrow so much money? What was the ***** plan?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again - reuben.ahmed - 09-17-2024, 01:22 PM