Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again
(09-17-2024, 01:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Burrow won't win a ring without Chase or Tee, and I think he may not win one with only 1 of them at this point.

He is acting like this because he doesn't have a contract and has to take his own insurance policy out for guaranteed money.

I can understand if they "simply don't have the money". Maybe they should have thought of this when Burrow got a huge bag. Seems dumb all around. What was Burrow's plan when he said they had a plan for Chase/Tee/himself?

So if they didn't think about that, then they don't care about winning a ring. It' the same old Mike Brown and Bengals, good enough but not great enough. Someone can try to convince me otherwise that old man Mike Brown wasn't surprised that we made it to the SB. Most people were, even fans, we weren't supposed to be there yet. Has he been focusing on winning a super bowl? What else matters? Like before this, it was clear he was not.

The Bengals face a motivational issue. Starts up top, is MB motivated to win a ring? Then players are having motivational issues, likely financially related. Tee and Chase not being solved is proving a disaster right now. Chase needs to give his 100% for us to win.

We should take responsibility for how we act, Ja'marr and Tee are young, their agents and advisory board is likely poor, but to say nobody has any influence on how they feel would not be right. Bengals ain't making Tee or Ja'marr feel welcome. See how you act at your job when you feel like this.

So did Mike Brown not understand what Tee/Chase are going to ask for when giving Burrow so much money? What was the ***** plan?

What does cash flow, or lack thereof, have to do with the owners motivation to wing a ring?  Do you not think the offer to Chase was fair considering the market?  I think it was more than fair considering they didn't even have to negotiate at all.  I would say the fact that the Bengals reached out to Chase's representatives right after last season indicates they were motivated.  Some people may not like how it turned out but that has nothing to do with the Bengals being motivated.  Chase has a role in this also.  He chose not to accept the offer.  The Bengals can't do anything about that.

In terms of Burrow, he was eligible and his offer was at the top of the market and where it should have been when it was negotiated.  QB's get more money period.  By your last statement it sounds like you would have preferred we low-balled Burrow to sign Chase and Tee?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Think Bengals Will be a Force Again - Daddy-O - Yesterday, 09:29 AM