Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September Games Thread
(Yesterday, 09:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's a nice accomplishment for Steer, but I sort of chuckled when I saw the Reds highlighting it when meanwhile the Dodgers a tracking a potential 50-50 player. That's the state of MLB since there isn't parity like in the NFL. The Dodgers can out spend the Reds and the result is they get a 50-50 guy while we get a 20-20 player (I know I'm over simplifying things with this take and I'm reacting emotionally, but the truth is the Reds are irrelevant decade after decade right now and how much they can spend on the entire roster is one contributing factor).

yup

It's sad but all the Reds and a dozen other small market teams can hope to do is strike minors gold and compete for a couple seasons every decade or so. Then the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, Astros, Angels etc. will swoop in and take all the cream away.

That's why I'm so hoping ownership will spend some $$$ on a couple top shelf pitchers and a top RH bat this offseason. Doesn't hurt to dream, does it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds September Games Thread - kevin - 09-01-2024, 11:13 PM
RE: Reds September Games Thread - samhain - 09-02-2024, 08:29 PM
RE: Reds September Games Thread - kevin - 09-02-2024, 11:38 PM
RE: Reds September Games Thread - SladeX - 09-03-2024, 06:03 AM
RE: Reds September Games Thread - Earendil - 09-05-2024, 11:13 PM
RE: Reds September Games Thread - bengalfan74 - Yesterday, 12:49 PM