Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots?
(09-20-2024, 11:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Great info, thank you for the education!

While part of me says, "Who cares about attendance for high school and college football?" I get that the schools (heavily) depend on attendance at football games with cost of admission, concessions, etc.

However, I think it's mentioned in that link how to get an exception to that rule, plus it would expand the NFL's viewership globally...have the Friday/Saturday games in another country.
If that's too difficult to do, I think having the extra game on Monday instead of Thursday would also be a better solution because high school and college don't play on Mondays.
They can stagger the game times to allow for people to technically tune into both games at least for some time.

Your idea of teams having a bye before a Thursday game also makes sense, although it still means NFL games on Thursdays.

I have always felt that they should have pushed for Tuesday night football instead of Thursday. Gives teams four days off between games instead of three and keeps the Thanksgiving games as kind of a special thing.

I also felt that the International games should be for the 17th game added to the schedule, for Cincy this year, it's next weekends game vs Carolina. If it's not going to be an International game, it should be at a neutral site in America like in Iowa or Arkansas or Montana. Giving one conference nine home games and another conference eight is short sighted. Make the ninth home game a neutral site and help grow the brand inside the country, also.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-20-2024, 02:49 PM