Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots?
I think it was a combination of things. The most impactful IMO was the vanilla gameplan. It actually looked less preseason-y than the offense the first team ran for a drive in the first preseason game.

There's been a lot of change on both side of the ball with Callahan leaving and the 2 new safeties being installed. In that game, they were adjusting to Higgins being out and Chase being out of practice. Trent Brown and Cappa took a few possessions to get things going as well.

I legitimately think that they wanted to get through the NE game showing as little as possible. Probably figured they could hide some things from KC before a game of that magnitude. It was a dumb idea if that was the actual plan.

This team is generally good at rounding into shape when real games begin. I think the new contributors like All, Burton, and Mims will eventually be big factors for them. An offense with Tee, Ja'marr and Burton will allow them to do things they've never been able to do. I'm holding out hope that around Halloween we'll all be pretty confident in them again.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the hell did the Bengals lose to the Patriots? - samhain - 09-21-2024, 10:28 AM