MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
The Good

It's only 3 games into a long season and we've been here before. Actually the Good may be coming by default per 10 of the 16 AFC teams have losing records. The Wildcard teams to beat presently are the Jets 2-1, Chargers 2-1, and probably the 1-2 Ravens.

The Bengals can get back in this if they can just get off the schneid and get rolling. The good news is that the Bengals remaining schedule are against teams that currently  own a combined losing record of 19-23.
If you removed the undefeated steelers (which I'm not scared of) then the teams combined records are 13-23. The AFC is waiting for the Bengals to catch up if they would only do their part.

The Bad

These lethargic starts Zac's Bengals keep coming out of the gate in are just bad. You can not keep spotting the entire NFL a head start and expect to make it up by playoff time yearly. Zac is 5-13 in his first 3 games of the season since becoming the Bengals HC losing to rookies and 2nd string QB's all along the way. He has only had a winning record once in first 3 games, and that was the year the Bengals went to the SB.
Still support Zac as HC but have never supported him as OC. Understand wanting to stay healthy but can not just throw away games early every year to do so. Figure something else out please.

The Fugly

The Defense is a porous sieve that can not slow the run at all and do not see any waving of a wand that can rectify this problem. Nor pass per Daniels completed all but 2 of his passes last night. The Bengals just lost two home games against the 2nd and 3rd worse teams in the entire NFL last season, and both were featuring rookie QB's, both at HOME. Washington never even had to punt. WASHINGTON, palm meet forehead.
I once trusted in Lou but that has been proven to be a mistake on my part. Although he has been hit the hardest with FA departures, yet still this is unacceptable not getting hardly any production out a slew of high draft picks.

...........................................................................................................
In closing I am merely venting to stay sane. The defense was not the problem against the Patriots, plus played well enough against KC before this Commodore debacle last night. Commodore was the wrong insult to hurl per the defense was anything but a Brick House on prime-time Monday Night Football for the whole world to see.
The team just needs to somehow find it's chemistry together and get the ball rolling. The Bengals play a manageable schedule and the AFC as a whole is stuck in the mud coming out of the gate cushioning the Bengals current ineptitude somewhat by giving them a better chance to catch up than an 0-3 start deserves. Got to find some traction and get back into the mix before the playoff picture tumbles out of control the opposite direction. Think the Bengals climb the ladder once again and are in the playoff picture by seasons end. Just hope the 0-3 ball & chain does not cause them to fall just short when they arrive.

Not throwing in the towel yet, but feel like my confidence has taken a sucker punch immediately following the handshake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly - Go Cards - Today, 09:17 AM