Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke Tobin and the Bengals are WHIFFING in the draft
(3 hours ago)Whatever Wrote: It makes sense in theory, though Tee is a bad example.  With multiple holes to fill, if you need a guy at an expensive position (WR, in this case, but have a very high hit rate with premium picks at that position, it makes sense to use the draft pick and use the cap dollars on holes you don't draft and develop well.  However, if we apply that theory to DE, it holds up, because we suck at drafting and developing edge rushers.  

I get what your saying at WR and have had that same thought in regards to Tee. But we are gonna need high picks in other places and if we have to devote to WR it hurts those positions. But at this point I'm not suggesting signing Tee but if we had been proactive and signed him earlier than we could have worked his contract around. I think the Bengals need to stop worry about making sure contracts work out all the way in the future to some degree. Sign the good players you have drafted or FA and then figure out how to make it work in the future. Whether that's signing bonuses to free up cap space or potentially trading a player if you find the replacement or money needs prove to more important. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin and the Bengals are WHIFFING in the draft - NUGDUKWE - 3 hours ago