Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke Tobin and the Bengals are WHIFFING in the draft
They are pretty good at drafting receivers and that's about it. I guess they've improved at drafting linebackers.

I think this season is showing the team just how many holes are in the dam. It's going to be nearly impossible to sign reinforcements for the defense in you pay Chase what he's going to want. On top of that, you're not winning ballgames even when he's performing at a high level. Is that worth what he's going to demand?

IMO they're going to have to churn him out for picks, draft more receivers, and find defensive help in FA.

We all really like Ja'marr, but I'm not convinced that this organization can field a competitive roster when they start paying out top dollar to two guys in Burrow and Chase. It would be incredibly tough to see him go, but I have a feeling that it might be a bit easier if the season goes to shit and his attitude suffers as a result.

One day it may look like a big mistake to let Reader/Bates walk with an eye on paying Chase. They impact of losing both defenders was immediate and brutal and also shows no sign of being resolved.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin and the Bengals are WHIFFING in the draft - samhain - 3 hours ago