Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take to get Zac Taylor fired?
If we go by Bengal history, Zac has a long leash.

If we go by the idea that this is a new organization with a new approach, then maybe not.

The team seems to be bending over backwards to scare up new revenue sources. They are trying to pay players, but the inability or possibly unwillingness to guarantee money is officially hurting them right now.

Burrow has been paid a shit ton of guaranteed coin. Ownership will expect a return on the field. If Burrow plays like he did last night and the team still loses a ton of games, then I think Zac is at risk. If they miss the playoffs by a game given the nature of their starts to the year, it's a bad look for him. If Joe starts to turn on him, I think he'd be in major trouble.

The team wants investment in the stadium and revenue from anywhere they can get it. It seems that they thought they could get these things by hitching their wagon to Joe and letting him cook. If that goes off the rails, I think they will start to look elsewhere for help. Coaches are easy and cheap to replace. You expect more results with a 55 million dollar qb.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would it take to get Zac Taylor fired? - samhain - 2 hours ago