Poll: Should Bengals let Chase Walk after Rookie Contract?
YES
NO
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 10-25-2024

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ja' Marr Chase's Contract: Should Bengals let him walk?
(Yesterday, 10:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: Bottom line is this.  You can't assume Joe Burrow will do Brady/Mahomes things until you actually SEE Burrow do Brady/Mahomes things.  

I love Burrow, but it may be time to be realistic about him.  Is he good enough to win a SB?  Yes.  Is he a guy like Mahomes or Allen that can carry an offense?  No.  He just doesn't have the physical gifts those guys have.  

Look around the league at other QB's.  Sam Darnold has been a joke forever.  Now, with JJ and another 1st round WR in Hunter, he looks like a stud.  Geno Smith washed out in how many places?  Now with Metcalf, Lockett, and Smith-Njaba, he looks like a mid-tier NFL starter.  The Browns put nothing around Baker from a WR standpoint and ran him out of town.  Now with Evans and Godwin, he's making them look foolish.

Joe is moving the ball perfectly fine but he has been terrible in the redzone. Some of that is new and young receivers but some is Joe. Burrow is 6/19 for 3 TDs inside the 20 (5 of 13 and all 3 TDs are from inside the 10). With Tee back and as he gets more comfortable with the new receivers I can see that percentage climb. Especially if the rush offense continues to improve. 

PS. Sam Darnold is crushing the redzone. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja' Marr Chase's Contract: Should Bengals let him walk? - Synric - Yesterday, 11:19 AM