Poll: Should Bengals let Chase Walk after Rookie Contract?
YES
NO
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 10-25-2024

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ja' Marr Chase's Contract: Should Bengals let him walk?
(8 hours ago)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So then your original equation isn't very good if you're not including the people we'd need to both cut and required draft picks made to make it work.

$40m/yr and by your own numbers $63-71m/yr over a shorter number of years (so there's less time to move it around or backload it) IS a pretty significant cap difference that you can't just put on the backburner when talking about which option is better.

Not to mention that all of that is assuming there is even a really good $18-21m/yr 3T and $15-20m/yr NT are both available in FA in the first place, which I don't think there is. I just saw a list where right now BJ Hill is considered the 5th best DT in the 2025 FA class. Apparently it's a very weak IDL FA class. Alim McNeill is currently the highest rated IDL according to multiple lists I just checked.
New question l; would you rather  have Tee Higgins contract 3 years, at 84 million with 55 million guaranteed + a NT, and + 3T + a 1st rd pick in 2025  and a  2nd Rd pick in 2025 or Chase at  4 years, 160 million, with 120 million guaranteed. That's the question; Yes or No!

There's merit to both answers; Chase is the best Wr game and arguably the best non QB in the game and in the other scenario you can practically fix the Dline and get two high rd picks. Along with signing Tee. It all depends on what you value. 

I think we can have a championship  caliber offense with Tee as the #1 WR and I think we can fix the interior Dline in the offseason with the money saved. 

While resigning Chase will only keep our Offense at a high level and we would still be pretty thin at the Dline

Secondly,  I disagree with your assessment on the free agency  interior defensive line. 

Milton Williams, Alim Mcneill,  and Osa Odighizuwa all fit what the Bengals want at 3T with age, production,  and athleticism requirements. Bobby Brown is really the only NT that fits the what the Bengals want.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ja' Marr Chase's Contract: Should Bengals let him walk? - J24 - 7 hours ago