Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens vs Bengals Week 5 Predictions
(10-02-2024, 12:39 PM)Mer Wrote: If Lou can figure out how to play his defense to stop the run, wether that's a 5-2 or a 4-3 or maybe some other exotic formation, we have a great chance to win this one. I believe Baltimore will try to run it firmly down our throats and plan a few play actions. But if we can somehow contain Jackson and Henry, we win this one. In my old age my memory isn't what it used to be, but didn't we play pretty well against Henry when he was with the Titans?

Ah, this is a great point.  Glad you mentioned it....I don't think Coach Taylor sitting back with 5 or 6 DB's is going to cut it with Ravens who love to run the ball and pound you with double TE's.   The Bengals in a 4-2-5 most of the game as Taylor likes  does not match up with what Baltimore is built for in 2024.  

The Bill found out by halftime that against Baltimore, you have to Attack.  You have to Blitz, you have to Attack into Ravens backfield.   If you sit back in coverage, you will get clobbered.  Sitting back in coverage against Henry will end up in the beating Coach Taylor took  sitting back in coverage against Chubb and the beatings Browns laid on Taylor for doing that.   You really have to try to hit Henry before he gets started, because DB's chasing him 40 yards up field is too late. 

Bengals can learn from Bills.  Bills came out at Halftime and were more aggressive on Defense, and Bills Defense started to make some stops.  I know Coach Taylor loves all the DBs on the field, but that will not work against Power Running Baltimore. 

Bills had a hard time scoring, but if Burrow, Chase Higgins and Company can put up points.  The best way to stop the Baltimore Offense is for Bengals to have the ball on Offense. The less Bengals Defense is on the field, the better. 

IF the Bengals could score early.  The best way to throw off a good running team is jump out to a lead and force them to throw more than run. 

I am as worried about Ravens huge Fullback as anybody.  He does not put up Fantasy Football Points.  What he does is knock defenders on their butts with his blocking every play.  A team that still uses a Fullback, and he can flat out Block.  

Bills sat back passive in Defense like Coach Taylor the first half, and Bills got ate alive.  Bills D did look better coming out aggressive in 2nd half, and Coach Taylor could learn from that.  You sit back in the nickel or dime prevent all game against the 2024 Ravens and they will score 80 points.  You have to go more 85 Bears Blitz and get in their backfield. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ravens vs Bengals Week 5 Predictions - kevin - 10-02-2024, 01:02 PM