Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think its officially time we declare Ossai a bust.
Dude was taken for his athleticism but was not overly proven as a sack artist in college.
Plus, he was converting from LB to DE when joining the Bengals. And when I say LB, I mean originally ILB who then moved to OLB later in college.

There was definitely stuff to like to be worth taking in the middle rounds, but there were known things he needed to adapt and grow in.

Unfortunately, we're in his 4th year and he's still just a rotational piece who can't put together 4+ sacks in a season.

It's time to get another DE next offseason to replace him, as they'll need another DE eventually anyway to take over Hendrickson and Hubbard in a couple years who can play opposite Murphy.
If the Bengals get a pass rushing DT early, I'm cool with waiting on a DE into the middle rounds.
But if the team prefers to have their edge guys be more of the edge rushers (which it seems they do), it might be worthwhile to take one in 1st or 2nd round and wait until Rds 3-4 for a DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think its officially time we declare Ossai a bust. - ochocincos - Yesterday, 09:29 AM