Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think its officially time we declare Ossai a bust.
(Yesterday, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: May also have to evaluate if Marion Hobby is the guy to coach up DL.
He's only seemed to have been able to get something out of dudes either already proven (Hendrickson, Reader, Ogunjobi) or guys who were already here before he came in (Hubbard). Hill showed quality play as a rotational guy in 2021 but he's not taken that next leap after becoming the starter.

He's been the DL coach since 2021, so he's been somewhat involved and responsible for the selection and (lack of) development of:
Ossai
Shelvin
Hubert
Sample
Carter
Murphy
Jenkins
Jackson
Johnson

That's quite a lot invested in 4 drafts at one area, especially with very little to show for it through 4 games into 2024.
Only Murphy and Jenkins have shown sparks, Sample is just ok, and the rest are bad or unknown.

While I agree that Hobby should have his coaching style/technique called into question, I also look at the DL the same as I view the OL when it comes to softer practices, training camps and preseason game reps: They need that contact to temper the body, they need those reps to get used to playing as a unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think its officially time we declare Ossai a bust. - SunsetBengal - Yesterday, 01:09 PM