Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds hiring Francona
(Yesterday, 12:04 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Terry Francona will be the next Reds Manager. No details on the deal yet.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/41597289/cincinnati-reds-hiring-terry-francona-manager-sources-say

I know I said Barry Larkin, but Terry Francona is a GREAT manager.  He won with Boston Red Sox for first time in 100 years.  Then he had Cleveland playing good ball.  That he's won a Word Series, this is like when Detroit got our Sparky Anderson.  

I'm very EXCITED that Reds are bringing in Terry Francona, because he is one of the best managers ever in baseball.  It makes more sense dumping Bell.  If you can bring in a Terry Francona, you don't pass that up.  What he did with Boston and Cleveland was amazing, and he will WIN with Cincinnati.  People thought Dusty was good, wait until they see Francona.  This will be the best Reds manager since Sparky or Lou. 

I will say playing organized baseball as a teenager.   Out of my 3 years, my 2nd year was my only good year.  In my old age, I know why now.  The manager my 1st and 3rd years weren't very good, they goofed off a lot.  My manager my second year had us practice twice as much.  He showed me how to step into the ball.  He took one kid who had never pitched, and made him a great pitcher.  That the manager put so much work into the team made me and others better.  Now the star players were good regardless of the manager, but the manager my 2nd year got the most out of everybody. He got me stepping into the ball and a better hitter.   So I know the difference a good manager can make, and so I'm VERY EXCITED the World Series Winner Manager Terry Francona is coming.  He will be on these players showing them things in Arizona, but the Reds will be a better team for it.  Even these Pros can be better, certainly the losing Reds need to learn things to be better. 

I'm sure everybody's had a gym coach or coach or drill instructor that you look back on and say that coach got you in the best shape of your life.  Terry Francona is THAT GUY....Boston loses for 100  years until Francona.  Heck Yes, get him on The Reds. 

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds hiring Francona - cinci4life - Yesterday, 12:04 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - Goalpost - Yesterday, 08:18 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - Nicomo Cosca - Yesterday, 11:19 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - bengalfan74 - Yesterday, 09:27 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - TecmoBengals - Yesterday, 09:51 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - bengalfan74 - Yesterday, 11:58 AM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - TecmoBengals - Yesterday, 12:30 PM
RE: Reds hiring Francona - Goalpost - Yesterday, 12:31 PM