Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons
(6 hours ago)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s the defense.  It’s so painfully obvious it’s the defense.  

If there is blame on the season

Defense - 80%
Taylor - 10%
Injuries - 9%
Everything else - 1%

More like

Taylor - 50%
Front office - 40%
Defense - 10%

You have to remember that the coaching staff has a massive hand in drafting and who to get in FA. We can't hit in the draft and our FA has been completely ass as well. It's obvious Zac has no idea on how to evaluate defensive players. It's obvious Zac has no idea how to do ANYTHING with the defense. He's an offensive minded coach that's not even that good on offense. The front office has a lot of blame for not keeping the defensive players we actually hit on. Bates and Reader should still be Bengals. I would MUCH rather have them than Tee. No offense to Tee either, because he's a great WR. We've just been ass at safety and now we're ass at DL.

I don't put a ton of blame in the defense. You know why? Because they are who everyone knew they were. No one thought BJ Hill was a world beater. Everyone knew losing Reader was going to be huge. Everyone knew that we had no pass rush other than Hendrickson. We're asking mediocre at best players to play at a high level. You can't expect to make chicken salad out of chicken shit 

You see everyone stepping up and taking the blame other than Taylor. You see Burrow saying he needed to play better. You see Chase saying he ran a shit route. You see McPherson saying it's on him. You see Rehkow saying it's on him. Then you see Taylor saying "he feels bad for his team". What a joke. What a terrible leader. What kind of coach says that. I would have at least a smidgen of respect for him if he just said it's on him, but no. He deflects by saying "we had a pass play called, BUT BURROW CHECKED OUT OF IT". Jesus, what more do you need to see that he's a terrible leader and coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Darrin Simmons - J24 - 6 hours ago
RE: Darrin Simmons - J24 - 5 hours ago
RE: Darrin Simmons - Brownshoe - 2 hours ago
RE: Darrin Simmons - Nepa - 6 hours ago