Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this...
(10-10-2024, 08:35 AM)spidey Wrote: Doesn't garbage time stats mean we were being blown out in the 4th quarter?  You mentioned Washington already but what other games were we being blown out where Joe was putting up garbage stats?

The other games NE, Balt, KC is where the clutch question comes into play. And why it's come back into discussion. It's the only thing anyone has discussed regarding Burrow this (and the last couple seasons since the SB loss) season. Not 4th quarter yards, not rather he's had good games or not this season. Everything else you are reading in this thread is spin at best, fake news at worst. 

Unable to get in FG range or a TD to win it with multiple opportunities late in games, or even a  first down to close out the game and get the win. That is what we are supposed to be discussing. It's changed now to how many yards a QB throws in the 4th quarter. Which is a weird stat given the records of the teams and much of those yards is due to garbage time stats, playing from behind, and the opposing teams D in prevent mode riding out the win.

I actually am not sure what the point of the stats were trying to show. 

I think of Burrow in the same category of the current top QB's Mahomes, Allen, Lamar etc. That's who I compare him to. Not the Geno Smiths, an aged Stafford, certainly nonclutch Prescott, and Brock Purdy's of the league.

If anything I now know who the true Burrow haters are with who they consider him being amongst. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - jj22 - 10-10-2024, 09:28 AM