Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this...
(10-10-2024, 09:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: The other games NE, Balt, KC is where the clutch question comes into play.

No, only the NE calls it into question and even then, the last offensive possession by the Bengals saw 2 dropped passes by Iosivas and Moss, but I'm sure you think it's Burrow's fault.

Against Baltimore, WHILE STILL HOLDING THE LEAD, the Bengals were driving down the field and were in FG range when Burrow throws an INT that most people (except those that are irrationally anti-Burrow) blame Chase more. Then on the last possession in regulation, Burrow is sacked before he could get sacked, then Higgins allowed a pass to sail through his hands. So on 3rd and 17 on the BENGALS 23 yard line, Zac decides to just try to get to OT and runs the ball. Then in OT, Zac pretty much takes the ball out of Burrows hands after the fumble.

Then against the Chiefs, Burrow led the Bengals to the go ahead score on their 2nd to last drive. Then on the last drive a dropped pass by Iosivas and a sack on 3rd down led to that drive ending in a punt. 

So, I'd looooooooooooooooooove to hear you expound on how Burrow or ANY QB could be MORE clutch than that - let alone asserting that what I just said is somehow NOT clutch - when you have receivers dropping passes and OL giving up costly sacks.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - PhilHos - 10-10-2024, 11:51 AM