Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this...
(10-10-2024, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow played great in those games as he has all season so I'm not going to harp on this. Those plays didn't lose the games correct, but they didn't win them either. And that is what defines clutch. It's unfortunate, but a great game in a loss just doesn't. That's just a great game in a loss and means you can't and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. 

No, that is what YOU define as clutch. If a QB leads his team to a go ahead FG/TD, but then his defense gives up the game winning score, absolutely NO intelligent person is going to say that QB was not clutch. 

(10-10-2024, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: And Burrow did stare down Chase on that INT. But I'm not and never was trying to slam Burrow for his play these games. Just willing to highlight that when we need(ed) a TD (which is tough), FG, or even a 1st down, it didn't and hasn't happen, and hasn't for years now if anyone other than myself and those in my dm's, are willing to be honest. 

Joe Burrow's QB rating by QTR:
1st 94.1 (19 TDs)
2nd 106.5 (36 TDs)
3rd 100.7 (22 TDs)
4th 100.3 (33 TDs)

I highlighted his TDs because of how many he has in the 4th. Pretty amazing for a guy that's somehow not clutch.

When there's less than 2 minutes to go in a game, regardless of the score Burrow's stats are as follows: 37 comp 62 att 60% comp% 7 TDs 2 INTs 116.47 qb rating. Again, effin' fantastic for a guy that's somehow not clutch.
When trailing less than 4 minutes to go in a gqame, Burrow is 51 of 85 60% comp% 8 TDs 2 INTs 103.6 qb rating.

I mean, I could go on and on if you'd like, but I would love to see your evidence other than you just claiming something as fact and twisting the definition of the word to fit your agenda.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - PhilHos - 10-10-2024, 12:34 PM