Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this...
(10-10-2024, 01:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good stuff. It would be nice to correlate how that computes with this.

[Image: active-4th-qtr-comebacks.jpg]

There are a lot of factors that go into play at the end of a game. I just get annoyed when anyone either tries to take one set of data and use that as the measuring stick, or they make up about 50 "excuses" why it didn't happen. There are reasons and there are excuses for everything, it's just a matter of fleshing it all out. 

PFR defines a 4QC as follows...

Quote:A 4th Quarter Comeback (4QC) must involve these:
  • team must end up with a win or tie
  • team must, at some point, have an offensive scoring drive while trailing in 4th quarter or OT
  • the drive must conclude in the 4th quarter or OT. It can begin in the 3rd quarter so long as scrimmage plays that are part of the drive are run in the 4th quarter. This means you can't kick a FG on 1st play of 4th quarter to tie or take lead and have it count as 4QC.
  • the scoring play to put the tying/winning points on the board must be the result of an offensive drive

There's definitely a bit of overlap, but some key differences around time. For example, if Cincinnati is down 21-24 at the end of the third quarter and Burrow throws a touchdown on the first play of the 4th quarter to go up and ultimately win 28-24, then that is counted as a 4QC. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I know a couple posters will be really upset to see this... - KillerGoose - 10-10-2024, 01:09 PM